Jun 27, 2012

Scatter, ScatterBrain!

**Tomorrow marks the one-month countdown until the big day and I feel like my mind is racing in 100 different directions at any given time of the day. Life is SO crazy right now and I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed! I'm trying to keep calm and plan on, and to remember that this is the only time in my entire life that I will be a month away from marrying the man of my dreams -- so I need to embrace this time and enjoy it!

**Last weekend, we were able to escape to Hot Springs for the weekend to have some summer fun on the lake. It was such a relief to get away from it all and just focus on having some fun in the sun! We saw some beautiful sunsets, ate plenty of goodness and got some much-needed R&R.



**Work has been pretty hectic this past week. Just a tad bit crazy, but with my senioritis wedding-itis I'm having a hard time focusing on a single thing...especially when there are 50 other single things waiting on me when I get home! Last night, for example, I came home and worked at my computer for 5 hours on part of our rehearsal dinner slideshow. John and I each picked a song to play during pictures of us growing up, and I did my section first since I had everything I needed already. Y'all, I did good (not to toot my own horn or anything.... hah!) but I'm totally getting overly-emotional about the simplest things! I'm becoming my own mother :)



**This weekend, John and I are going to stay home and crunch down on some wedding things: like getting John's ring engraved (see below!). He's going to have it engraved with the same phrase that is found on each of his own parents' rings, which I find extremely sweet and romantic. They have been married for 28 years so let's hope it brings us luck and love in our own marriage.


I'm also going to get some wedding stuff done this weekend (cross my fingers, that is!) One thing I need to do is get a "here comes the bride sign" (see examples below). Since our little flower girl and ring bearer are so young, we thought that having them walk together while carrying a sign together would be 1) easier on them and 2) the cutest thing ever. And so far, my Etsy scouting for a sign have turned up empty (bah!) so I'm thinking I may have to resort to making one myself (just another thing on the list!)

**In other news, my camera lens finally came in (yahooooo!) and I'm so excited! Have I played with it yet? Nope. I'm so bad. But when I have a spare minute, I have it and it's ready to go!


**Like today's pictures? They're all taken and edited with Instagram (read about my Instagram obsession here). Follow me @katiwessinger to see my pics as I take them!

**I realize I never showed you the "after" of this bathroom makeover. I'm sorry y'all! Please forgive me and be patient. I've gotten all scatterbrained!

That's all the word-vomit I can handle right now. Peace out!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Kati! I'll make a sign for you- I do handmade signs a lot!!! I'd love to sit down with you and help you design one you love- plus you wouldn't have to pay shipping :) Let me know if you'd want to do something like that!! All this stress will be worth it in a few short weeks!!! Good luck getting things done this week!!

Allie said...

Agghhh! So close!! Good luck and if I haven't told you already, remember that no one will know what you weren't able to get done. Hang in there! :)