May 23, 2012

Master Bedroom Sadness


I moved in with John about a month and a half ago. Not long, I'd say. One of the first things we did in preparation of the big move was to repaint the master bedroom. After putting up our first coat, let's just say it wasn't really makin' us feel warm and happy so John and I decided to repaint it. This time, we went for a neutral beige. Ahh, nothing like BEIGE to make you feel happy, right?

Wrong. I hate it. 

Luckily, I have the BEST FIANCE IN THE WORLD (!!) who said I could paint it again. Third time is the charm, right? So I started the search for the perfect color. First place I went was Pinterest, to see what images had spoken out enough for me to actually pin them in the first place. What I found? A lotta blues and a lotta beige. Since beige was already living on my walls (unwelcomely, might I add) I decided to concentrate on the blues. 

Via Pawleys Island Posh

Via The Lettered Cottage

Via Lonny Magazine
Via Day Decor

Via A La Mode
So tomorrow, I'll show you a little somethin' somethin' I've been working on to help me FIX this problem! See you then!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You know, they say that blues in the bedroom can be gloomy and depressing, but I think if you have the right blue its very soft and relaxing. (i've been considering this color myself) Also, I feel your pain...it took me a few colors to get the perfect lavender in my daughter's nursery without it being too blue and dark. Its worth it in the end if you're happy with the perfect color! good luck! :-)