Mar 14, 2012

New Actions

This is a post mainly about photography so if you're not really interested, I'd turn back now. :)

I bought the Film Solution Actions last night from Red Leaf Boutique and I am so pumped about them! They are sah-weet! I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite from the action set on a picture of John from Christmas morning (right after he opened the iPad I gifted him). I'm sure this photo isn't the greatest, since it was taken inside my dark apartment, but whatever....I don't think I've shared this image yet, which is why I chose it to play around with some of the actions.

I wrote what action I played on each image, but after I shrunk it down to web it turned out itty bitty so pardon if you can't even read them. I'll interpret at the bottom.

Here are the color options I was totally diggin' from this new action set. Note that they're all super subtle, but up close, they each bring out their own amazing qualities in the image.


From left to right: COLOR | 400 WASHED, COLOR | 800 WASHED, COLOR TINT | TARNISHED GOLD, COLOR TINT | COOL, COLOR MATTE, COLOR MATTE | SOFT. All images have the grain set to 10% opacity. All other settings in the action were kept the same. 

And some black and whites....


From left to right: B&W | 400, B&W | 3200, B&W MATTE | DARK, B&W | HIGH CONTRAST. All images have the grain set to 10% opacity. All other settings in the action were kept the same.

I think my favorite color edit is the COLOR 400 | WASHED:


My favorite b&w has got to be B&W MATTE | DARK:


Anyway, just thought I'd share! Have a happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I like how you started this off by saying "this is mostly about photography" when anyone with eyes can see it's mostly about John. lol. love you :)