Mar 20, 2012

We're Getting Married. For Real.

Last night I totally had an AH-HA moment. John and I have been going to marriage counseling at his church in preparation for our big day for the past few weeks. It's been really great -- laid back and fun, with us basically just discussing our relationship: how we met, how we fell in love, how we decided it was time to tie the knot...all that good stuff.

Anyway, last night our pastor decided to talk about the actual ceremony. We went over a typical Presbyterian marriage ceremony and talked about the different decisions we would need to make. Like what scripture we want read, who we want to read it, what songs we'll do, etc. After all of that our pastor took us into the sanctuary and as I stood at the front of the church, facing John, it just hit me.

We're doing this. We are getting married and it's just around the corner. 

Y'all, my heart was so happy. Literally jumping as I thought about how BIG of a moment this is all leading up to.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that since I haven't updated in a while. I know you're getting antsy. I have lots of blog posts in my head, but I'll be posting those next week. Hold your horses :)

Oh, and our engagement pictures are gonna be ready this week, so have no fear -- I'll be sharing them with you too!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: