Dec 5, 2011

Big News!

As many of you might already know, John and I are officially...ENGAGED! John popped the question on Saturday, December 3, 2011. To say that I had no idea would be an understatement. I knew he was probably going to do it soon, but I was not expecting it Saturday at all!



The morning started off a little differently than other mornings because we were finally going to get our Christmas tree (which we hadn't done yet if you remember, because John got pneumonia). Getting the tree is my very.favorite.tradition of the holidays and is not as simple as driving to the grocery store and picking one up there. No, ever since I was a little girl, getting a Christmas tree meant driving out to Saline county to a tree farm where we would find the perfect tree to take home for Christmas.

I decided last week that I wanted to bring a tri-pod with us when we went. You know, to document finding our perfect tree an all. Unknown to me, John had been planning on proposing so he was really excited that I suggested bringing the camera (although I truly thought it was my idea!)



When we finally got there, we immediately started walking through the beautiful trees, trying to find our perfect one. Every one is so different -- some are darker than others, some are fatter, some are bare and some are just plain funny looking. It's always an adventure to see which tree you end up with.



After we had walked around for about 30 minutes or so, we finally found THE ONE. It was perfect -- nice and tall, full and a beautiful mixture of dark and light greens. Now, if you will remember, we had a tripod with us so we set it up to take some pictures of us with the tree. After we got a few good shots John got down on the ground to figure out the best place to cut the trunk. Keep in mind I still had no.idea. I was completely oblivious. He called me over to where he was and asked me my opinion on where to cut the tree. While I was looking into the branches, he grabbed me by the waist and started proposing to me!

Then it hit me. DUH! I could not believe what was happening! I'm pretty sure I asked him what he was doing a few times and even asked "are you really doing this?!?" I was so excited! When he finally asked me to marry me, he held out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my entire life and of course I screamed YES!

It was the most wonderful day. Such a surprise and we are both so thrilled! We have not set a date yet but I'm sure we'll get to that soon! Thanks to everyone who has supported and congratulated us! We are so happy and so very much in love. We cannot wait to start this new chapter of our lives together!

HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY!!! Gotta go swoon over my ring some more. :) 

7 comments:

sarah said...

Such exciting news! How neat that you weren't expecting it and that you had your camera!

Your ring is beautiful... you won't be able to take your eyes off of it for quite some time. :)

I have a feeling your Pinterest wedding inspiration board is about to get really full...

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! What an awesome story! You guys are so perfect together!! XOXO -yaya

Erin said...

I couldn't have asked for a better cousin-in-law!!!!

Allie said...

Oh my gosh, Kati, I'm soooo happy for you!!! How exciting! And that ring is simply GORGEOUS! Your smile in the first picture says it all. :) Can't wait to see everything for your wedding come together over the coming months!!!

Benfield Photography said...

That's SUCH a sweet story! He did a great job! Congrats!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on your engagement! I love reading your blog! :)

Kati said...

Thanks so much everyone!!! Cannot wait!