Nov 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

Wow. This weekend was....different than I expected. It was my first 4-days off work since May and I was so excited to get everything done that I wanted to get done. This included (but was not limited to) eating Thanksgiving dinner with John's family, shopping on Black Friday if I woke up early enough, organizing/purging my closet, sleeping in and last but not least getting my Christmas tree (!!!!)

It all started off normal enough. Got off work on Wednesday and went straight home to hang out with John. We ended up grabbing sushi with some of his friends (hello my name is Kati and I have a sushi addiction) and then pretty much called it a night. The next day, Thanksgiving, I got up early to pretty myself up for the boy's fam. Gotta make a good 300th impression, ya know....haha.

Thanksgiving was awesome. John's aunt made all the fixin's and after sampling the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry stuff, rolls, deviled eggs, 4 different kinds of pies and probably more than I'm forgetting...we were stuffed. Exactly how Thanksgiving is supposed to be. The rest of the day was pretty low-key because John wasn't feeling too great. Ate too much :)

Friday morning I woke up at the butt crack of freaking dawn. It was 7 a.m. and I rolled back under the covers and tried to go back to sleep, trying to take full advantage of my days off. As I lay there, it dawned on me (get it? Dawned? hehe) that Black Friday sales were going on. And that only meant one thing: savings. Mwa-ha-ha-ha. Let me tell you I woke up pretty quickly after that and headed to the mall where I bought some Christmas presents for my little sister and myself.

Mainly myself. I'm terrible.

But hey -- I was gonna need it since I was still going to work on purging my closet! Anne Taylor LOFT had 50% off EVERYTHING. Gap had great deals. Express was rockin'. And the other stores I went to I shall not mention for fear of giving away too many hints as to what else I bought :)

I went a little stripe crazy (these are three shirts I bought)
John called while I was shopping and basically told me that he was still not feeling well. He'd thrown up and had a fever. I was worried about him, but told him to just take it easy and that we'd get together once I was done and I would help take care of him. Let's skip ahead to 7:00 that night because, let's face it, this story is not very interesting.

Around 7, John's fever had only gotten worse. He was burning up so I tucked him into bed and put 5 covers on him to help keep him warm since he had the chills. He fell asleep within minutes and I laid next to him to try to keep him warm. Around 8:15 he woke up and asked that I take his temperature. I did, and it was 104.4! I was worried sick so I called his dad (who is a doctor) and he told me to take him to the ER. John was actually in disbelief that his dad had said to go to the ER because apparently "doctor's kids get the worst health care." Haha.

I swear, my iPhone takes the worst photos on the planet.
Here's John when we finally got into a room 3 hours in.
5 hours later, we finally left the hospital with three things: 1) a diagnosis -- John had pneumonia. 2) some prescriptions that are sure to kick its a**. and 3) a loss of sleep. It was 2 a.m. (I never stay up that late) and we were exhausted.

The rest of the weekend pretty much consisted of me taking care of that guy. Which was really hard. I had to watch tv in my pjs, eat take-out and surf the web. Life's tough. Luckily, he's feeling much better now and I've instructed him to take it easy for a few days.

So. I never got my closet fully purged. I'll do it next weekend. And we decided to postpone the Christmas tree hunt seeing as John didn't have the strength to chop down a tree and then proceed to put it up and decorate it with me. Understandable. I did however get some more editing done on some pictures. Thought I'd share with you a jewel I didn't see until I looked closer. Love this.

On that note, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with plenty of rest and peace. Hope your Monday back is easy and that the next weekend comes quickly! Happy Monday!

No comments: