Nov 3, 2011

Money Money Money

Lately I've been really enjoying playing around with my camera. I guess the first thing that started it (besides buying the camera itself) was my photo-shoot with Emily. I had the best time and thought this is exactly what I want to do. I loved working with her - posing her, talking to her, telling her how gorgeous she is - and once I opened my pictures on my camera I knew I had nailed it. With my recent second photo-shoot under my belt, I learned even more about myself. One being that I am totally digging portrait photography. Capturing an expression that is just so perfect.



There is only one little problem with my newfound hobby. It is expensive! I'm not talking expensive like the cakes. Those prices were laughable compared to how much photography equipment costs. I've been drooling over lenses that cost over $1,000 and dreaming about $300 photography classes. An external hard drive that can resist falls for a little under $200. An upgrade to CS5 for $150.
I want it all. Not because I'm greedy but because I want to learn. To practice. To excel. I want to get my hands on a lens that is sharp as a tack. I want a photography class that will inspire me and teach me. I want so much but I just can't afford it all.

Ah. Such is life.

So I'll keep on keepin' on, as some would say. Work hard, play hard. I'll get there someday.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Found your blog through SUYL and just had to say that your shots are amazing! I'm your newest follower and can't wait to see more of your work.

Kati said...

Thanks Ali! You are too sweet! So glad I have a new follower! :)

-Kati

Staci said...

i hear you with the expensive hobby...i'm trying to convince my husband i need a new camera and lens, and it's a hard sell. we'll get there, someday!