Nov 7, 2011

{Cristler Family}

A few weeks ago Erin called me to see if I'd be interested in taking some family photos for her Christmas card. It was right after I'd done my shoot with Emily, and I was on a photography high -- yearning for someone else to shoot, something else to capture. "Of course," I said to her. "I'd love to!" We scheduled for Sunday evening, around sunset.

After a long Saturday complete with cookie baking, Hogs winning, Christmas shopping and dip snacking, I woke up Sunday morning determined to find a great location. Erin wanted "something fall-ish" so I grabbed Ella, jumped in my Nissan and headed east. Ish. I just let my car take me where it wanted and ended up somewhere between England and Scott, Arkansas. As I drove along a deserted road, I spotted a little path. I would have missed it if I hadn't been driving so slowly. I parked the car, grabbed the camera and the dog, and went exploring. And what I found? It was perfect. The essence of fall in Arkansas, all around me.



It had everything I thought Erin would want. Trees, flowers, grass, a field. Totally it. As Ella discovered the woods we had wandered upon, I took some quick snapshots to send to Erin for approval -- but I knew she'd love it. And you know what? She did. :)



It was great. Really great. Yes, I did have to bribe Evan with chocolate (see image above) but I think it was all worth it. I love my new location -- and can't wait to go back and discover more. 

Happy Monday, y'all.

12 comments:

Erin Cristler said...

You are amazing! Really truly amazing. I don't know how you managed to get such great shots with the three of us being as crazy and all over the place as we were. You are so gifted and I can't thank you enough!

John said...

Pictures are looking great! Keep up the good work, sweetie.

Kati said...

Thanks guys! :) Means so much!

sarah said...

Gorgeous shots, Kati! And that location is amazing!!

Ali said...

Oh my gracious - that location is INCREDIBLE! I'm in love with the trees and the open field and all of the fall colors! What a beautiful family.

Kati said...

Thanks Sarah and Ali! Your encouragement means so much!

Farm Girl in MD said...

Photos are fantastic!! Great job!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful family! Great images.

Staci said...

what a gorgeous location! serious location-envy, over here!

Lisa Sheehan said...

Oh my word is that little guy too adorable with that twinkle in his eye! And that path between the trees is striking!! Great job with these :)

Stacey Haslem said...

These are AMAZING. I love your view of the path between the trees. They are a gorgeous family and the little boy is a cutie! You have captured them beautifully!

heidi said...

These are gorgeous! Love the comp and skin tones. :)