Oct 19, 2011

Pumpkins Galore 2011

Going to the pumpkin patch was one of the many things I wanted to do to celebrate fall this year. I've wanted to go to one with John the past few years, but something always got in the way: school, weather, whatever. I don't think I had actually ever been to one before so when it looked like John and I would finally get to go this year, you can imagine my excitement! I found the perfect patch about 20 minutes away from the house complete with a patch, corn maze, animals and best of all my main squeeze.


We were also super lucky that some of our greatest friends could go with us. You may remember Emily from our photoshoot a few days ago. Well, her boyfriend James was super pumped to come too! And then of course we had to get Mary and her fiance Joey along too. It's always way more fun with those two!


I have good looking friends, don't I? Anyway, enough of this lovey-dovey-cuteness -- I know you wanna see what we did while on the farm! Well, let me tell you all about it :) Right when we got inside the farm, we found the cutest pigs eating some corn on the cob. No lie. We hung out there until our ride came. Hayride, that is.

Best thing about the hayride? It took us to the corn maze. Two birds with one stone -- Always makes this girl happy! Boy oh boy was it HOT though. We'd all dressed for fall weather but we were practically melting. Once the hayride dropped us off and we bought some cool refreshments, we split up into couples for a little competition -- who could get out of the corn maze first. Mary and Joey were the first to choose the road less traveled by.

Emily and James actually ended up winning. I think they got out in less than 10 minutes. Impressive. Somewhere along the line I split from John and teamed up with Mary (who had split with Joey). Our girl-power team lost though... but only because we were trying to find a different exit! We didn't want to take the easy road. Never did find that second exit, but you can't say we didn't try. Next year hopefully it will be a little more difficult. This corn maze was too easy!

Next up was the pumpkin patch! John grabbed a wheelbarrow so that we wouldn't have to carry our heavy pumpkins. Thank goodness because we ended up getting some pretty big ones!

After that wheelbarrow was full, we got distracted by some goats. We were feeding them some hay until James discovered that they really liked nuts! There were a bunch of pecans that a nearby tree had dropped, so John and James got really into feeding them those. How cute :)


The only thing left to do after that was to pack our truck with our orange load. Gotta love bringing the boys along so they help carry stuff. All in all, it was a wonderful trip to the pumpkin patch and I hope it becomes a tradition! 

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great post!! Wish Paul and I could have come too! How fun! Can't wait to hear more about it (i.e. WHERE this awesome place is!!?!). XO