Mar 7, 2012

One Two Three

This past weekend, John and I went to one photo-shoot, two Radiohead concerts and three cities in Texas. Yup. It was a big weekend for us. And it was superfun. One word.

It all started a few months ago when Radiohead put out their new album. John is a huge fan of Radiohead and he'd been telling me for years that he wanted us to see them if they ever went on tour again. With their new album, he knew the time had finally come -- and when they announced that they'd be going on tour shortly after, let's just say he was a wee bit excited. And when John is excited, he buys tickets to not one, but two concerts. Yep, he's crazy.

So on Saturday, we hopped on a flight to Houston to catch concert #1. It was a pretty hectic day and by the time we landed and checked into our hotel we only had time to catch a quick bite to eat before getting in the line for General Admission (we had standing-room-only spots). I don't want to bore you with what we did for the next 6 hours (stood in line, got into the arena, stood up some more, watched the opening act, kept standing, danced around for 2.5 hours to Radiohead, stood in line to leave, walked home...) but two things I remember: the first is that Radiohead kind of rocks. I loved it. The second is that my feet have hurt that much ONCE, and it was after walking around for DAYS in Rome. It was intense.

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to get ready for our engagement pictures with Taylor Lord. I went ahead and did my hair in Houston and then we got into our rental car and drove down to Galveston, Texas, where she lives. We got there a couple hours early so we took a leisurely lunch break and then of course spent the next hour scrambling around our hotel room to try to get ready on time. Which we failed to do -- we were 6 minutes late. Gah!!!

Taking our pictures with Taylor was I pretty much have loved her from the moment I saw her work about six months ago, but actually meeting the face just assured myself that I 110% made the best decision when I hired her. She is SO hilarious and easy-going -- exactly the kind of photographer I wanted. John and I laughed for probably 90% of the time she was taking our pictures and it just felt so awesome!! I'll share the pics with you guys when I get them back -- it'll be about 2 weeks. Can't wait!

After our shoot we headed to get dinner again and then went to our hotel to crash for the night. Getting your picture taken can be exhausting! And after a good 8-hour nap, we were back up and on the road again -- this time to Dallas for concert #2.

Of course, we had to stop for some snacks along the way. Dippin' Dots was an obvious choice.

Then it was back on the road to get to Dallas, i.e. Radiohead. And let me tell you. Radiohead for the second time was so much better than Radiohead the first time. Or maybe it was just that we had seats this time? Regardless, the concert was ah-may-zing! We danced the night away!

After the concert, John and I finally got back to our hotel around midnight and got to sleepin' around 12:30. A short three-and-a-half hours later, we were up again to catch our 6:10 flight back to Little Rock. And after we dropped off the rental car, checked in at the airport, got through security and scarfed down our breakfast it was time to board. I'm terrified of flying, but luckily our hour-long flight was pretty easy. John held my hand anyway, though. :)

And that's the story of our weekend getaway to Texas. It was SO fun -- can't wait until our next trip -- the HONEYMOON!!! WHAAAAAAAAA

No comments: