Sep 25, 2011

New Shows On Air

Finally, summer is over and my TV shows are back! What a relief -- something to do on weeknights when it gets cold out and I just want to cuddle up in my PJs with some hot cocoa. So pumped. Thought it would be nice to do a little preview of shows I'm excited about this season. So, without further ado, here's my top 3:

1) Grey's Anatomy - ABC


I've been following Meredith and McDreamy since it started in 2005. I was still in high school, if you can believe that! Wow! So crazy to even think about that. Anyway, I'm kind of obsessed with this show; love the characters, storyline, everything. And to be honest, I'm invested in it, so that's why I'm watching again this season. It's my thing.

In case you've lived in a cave the past 6 years, Grey's is about a group of doctors who work at Seattle Grace. It would take about 200 blog posts to tell you everything that has ever happened in Grey's, but to put it in a nutshell, each episode follows the doctors as they grow both as doctors, but also as people. Yes, there is sex. Yes, there is drama. Yes, it's amazing. 

2) Pan Am - ABC


This is my second show I think I'll want to watch this season. It's a new show by ABC, but the concept seems good and the pilot was pretty entertaining. From what I can gather, it will follow a crew from Pan Am -- mainly the stewardesses. It's set in the 1960s. In the first episode, there was a link between one of the stewardesses and some spy work for the government, so I'll be interested in where they take that. 

If I had to guess what this season has in store for us, it'll be this: people join the Mile-High club, there's a problem with the airplane engine, and Kate (our undercover spy) has some tricky situations she has to get through. Should be interesting!

3) New Girl - FOX


Another new show that's caught my eye is New Girl, airing on FOX. I watched the pilot of this too, and the basic plot is that Jess (played by Zooey Deschanel) finds out that her boyfriend has been cheating on her so she moves in with three men. So far, she seems a little strange and at times the script seems forced, but it might be fun and light (which, after the first two dramas might be a good thing!) so I'll keep my eyes on it and see what happens in the next few episodes before I make up my mind. 

Honorable Mention) Criminal Minds - CBS


Okay, I probably won't watch this one every week, but I do record the episodes sparatically at John's house and I'm kind of obsessed. Crime tv? What could be better! I love everything about this show!
_______________________________________________________

And, just for a quick list of shows I do not plan on watching, here you go:

• Glee - FOX


Sorry folks. Just doesn't cut it for me. Why? I actually have given it a chance (I've watched 5 or 6 episodes) but the characters didn't seem to have any depth to them. One minute, one of the Gleeks is obsessed with boy A, and the next it's over and never happened. I need some history to stick around people!

• Jersey Shore - MTV


Not sure if this fits in the category of shows for the 2011-2012 lineup but I hate this show enough to bend the rules. This show, in a nutshell, makes me ashamed of being a human being. 'Nuff said.

No comments: