Jun 6, 2011

Country Girl

I love country -- I can't help it! I know that so many people hate country, but seriously it is so good. You just have to give it a chance. And I just watched Country Strong (which was awesome) and so now I'm like on a country music high. You're thinking "great" aren't you?

Okay. So here are some of my fave country songs right now. In no particular order. And with my favorite part marked :)

And yes, my favorite parts usually aren't that original seeing as they're the chorus.

1. Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band
Seriously - what's not to love? This song makes me want to get up and dance for everything that I have.

"You know I like my chicken fried / A cold beer on a Friday night / A pair of jeans that fit just right / and the radio up"



2. Without You by Keith Urban
What a great love song. I love my boy whenever I hear this.

"Without you I'd survive / But I'd have to have the notion / That I could live this life / Just going through the motions."

The fast cars, the guitars, they are all just second to / This life, this love that you and I've been dreaming of for so long / Would all be as good as gone without you"



3. Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not by Thompson Square
I just love this story! One of my favorite things about country music is that the songs all have so much heart behind them. For the most part, they don't just sing about nothing. 

"It was the best dang kiss that I ever had / Except for that long one after that / And I knew if I wanted this thing to last / Sooner or later I'd have to ask for your hand / So I took a chance, bought a wedding band and got down on one knee / You smiled and said to me are you gonna kiss me or not"






4. Kissin' in Cars by Jesse Lee
The opening lines just hit me because they seem to describe so perfectly my life. I love being out of school, but it seems like life goes so fast these days. Sometimes I just want it to slow down.

"I'm all grown up now and I don't know how / But I'm finding out what live's about / This month's rent is already spent / Seems like it just came and went, it's crazy"

I can't find a video. Look it up on iTunes!

5. Give In to Me by Garrett Hedlund & Leighton Meester
This is one of the songs from Country Strong and it is so good! It is a beautiful duet - who knew this Gossip Girl could sing so beautifully? Speaking of musicians who have a great voice, what's up with Gwyneth? UM HELLO! She is about 10,000 times cooler in my book ever since she started singing!

"My heart is set on you / I don't want no one else / And if you don't want me / I guess I'll be all by myself"



Alright. There's my post for today. Hope you gave at least one of these songs a chance :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna kiss me or not is one of my fav country songs. I like this post. A+

Kati said...

Yay! So happy you liked! Love you!