Jan 4, 2012

New Year Resolutions & Some Rambles...

With 2012 still fresh I thought it would be a great idea to share some of my new year's resolutions with my small following. 2012 is destined to be a big year for me. In April, I will be moving in with John (!!) and then in July we'll be tying the knot. Both things are HUGE for us and I am so excited! And with both of them come things that I want to try to work on to make sure everything is the best it can be.



1. Lose weight - original huh? Last year I wanted to maintain my weight and unfortunately that did not happen. I have gained 12(ish) pounds and need to lose them before March 4 when John and I take our engagement pictures. I guess that means no more Jimmy Johns, Chick-fil-A, Shipley's or mexican food. I'm going to be chanting "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" in my head for months....

2. Get toned - this kind of correlates to #1 but I figure I'll put it on here. I want to start shaping up these flabby arms of mine and get my legs in shape. I figure running around a bit and lifting some 5 lb. weights a few times a week should help.

3. De-clutter - since I'll be moving in to a small, already very full house, I feel like this year will be a good year to get rid of things I don't want, need or use. Even if I really really don't want to get rid of it, if it's just laying around it needs to go. Out with the old, in with the new!

4. Be a clean freak - I want to establish ways for myself to keep things organized and clean. Which will probably include finally getting laundry hamper and a broom. Dang.

*********************************************************************************
On another note, the kitchen at John's is going super great! Last week he asked me to come over after work and help him take down some drywall. Loved wearing those sexy masks and goggles....(Please excuse all the rest of these pictures as they were all taken on an iPhone in limited lighting conditions. Photographer fail.)



Turns out I kind of suck at tearing out drywall so I wasn't that much help. John hasn't asked me to do any more physical labor since. Oops! The kitchen has carried on without me though...



After the drywall came down, the wall came out too! WHAT.A.DIFFERENCE! We ended up hiring someone to do that since it was a load-bearing wall. They had to install a beam in the ceiling but you won't be able to see it once the kitchen is done. :) The living room is now open to the kitchen which kind of kicks ass. Pardon my language...but it does.








Fluff likes it too. Sorry about the mess in the background. Yet another photographer fail.

So much more has happened and is happening. I'll try to take (decent) pictures this weekend to share. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: